Calvinism false, God Draws All Men, How can we labor in the harvest?, How can we win souls., If God draws all men then why aren't all saved?, Is Faith the Gift?, John Macarthur, Paul Washer, Ray Comfort, Why don't people believe the gospel?
The work of God to draw ALL men!
If Faith is the gift spoken of in Eph 2:8-9, then why does Jesus commend some people in the Word for having great faith? And He chastised others for having little faith? Wouldn’t that be God chastising Himself for the amount of faith or the lack of faith He had given someone? Wouldn’t God’s gift of faith be perfect as James 1:17 tells us?
Many people deny God has drawn all men. The majority of Calvinist teachers deny our ability to take a drink of the Living Water unless we first are born again by the Holy Spirit (the Living Water), THEN they are supposedly now ABLE to take that drink of Living Water. Confusing? God is not the author of confusion.
I disagree that God draws only some men. The Word shows us the many ways our loving God has drawn everyone to Himself.
1) HE DREW ALL MEN TO HIMSELF when He was lifted up on the cross. (Jn 12:32; Jn 3:14-16; John 8:28-29). This is why we should be determined to preach Christ and HIM crucified and not with wisdom of men’s words (1 Cor 2:1-5)
People frequently use John 6:44 to say no one can come to the Father except He draw them (they also leave out vs. 45, context is not their strongest suit). But it is true that no one would come unless God drew us. So let’s examine some of the many ways God draws ALL MEN. Some will hear, some will stop their ears (Acts 7). Some will come, some will not.
2) THE CONVICTION OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. The Holy Spirit convicts the unbeliever (the world) of the sin of unbelief, and of righteousness, and of judgment. (Jn 16:7-11)
Men can resist the Holy Spirit. Does this conviction make sense if they cannot believe because somehow God has kept them from being able to believe? Does that not make their god a sinner? Isn’t that god spoken of in 2 Cor 4:4?
…in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
3) THE LAW – Is the tutor to bring us to Christ (Gal 3:24, gives us knowledge of sin. Helps us understand His grace as we were delivered from the penalty of the law. Set free, married to another, the righteous requirement fulfilled by Christ alone. (Rom 6:23, Rom 7-8, Gal 2:19-21, Gal 3:2,5, 13). The law is written on every single unbelieving person’s heart. The law (right & wrong) points ALL to Him.
4) THE WORD – Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word (Rom 10:17), the Word is able to make people wise unto salvation (2 Tim 3:15). The Entrance of His Word gives light (Ps 119:130). It’s powerful and penetrates (Heb 4:12). It doesn’t return void (Is 55:10-11). Preach the Word in and out of season (2 Tim 4:2).
5) PREACHERS OF THE WORD – He sends people to preach the gospel to the WORLD. Rom 10:14-15. The one that was foretold in the Scriptures. (Is 53; 1 Cor 15:1-11) How can men believe if they have not heard?
6) THE GOSPEL – The gospel is the POWER of God unto salvation for EVERYONE who believes (Rom 1:16) The righteousness of God is revealed in the preaching of the gospel (Rom 1:17). Being regenerated is never listed as the power of God unto salvation, but something that happens AFTER we believe.
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise. Eph 1:13
8) GOD SHOWED THE TRUTH TO ALL MEN – He made Himself manifest to them. They knew God, but they suppressed the truth in unrighteousness, they have no excuse (Rom 1:18-21). God did NOT suppress the truth so they could not believe, They are the ones who willingly stopped up their ears. The Calvinist god suppresses the truth so men cannot believe. Again we see in Acts 7 Stephen chastising the rulers of Israel for resisting the Holy Spirit.
9) EVEN THE INVISIBLE THINGS OF EARTH ARE CLEARLY SEEN AND UNDERSTOOD (Rom 1:18-21). These magnificent things in creation testify of Him.
10) PROPHECY – Prophecy testifies of Jesus Christ. Unbelievers know and have heard of Mayan prophecies and Nostradamus, but they will not listen to the testimony of God regarding His son.
…the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. Rev 19:10c
11) BY HIS LIGHT – Jesus is the true Light that gives light to EVERY MAN that comes into the world (John 1:9). And believers are Children of Light.
12) HE GAVE ALL MEN A CONSCIENCE – Rom 2:14-16. This conscience either accuses or excuses them regarding right and wrong.
13) BY THE BODY OF CHRIST PLANTING AND WATERING – And for our labor, we will receive a reward (1 Cor 3:6-9)
14) BY PRAYER FOR ALL BECAUSE GOD DESIRES ALL MEN TO BE SAVED AND ALL MEN TO COME TO A KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH. 1 Tim 2:1-6. This would not be possible if spiritually dead men could not hear or understand the truth through the Word that would be deceptive to ask us to pray for all.
15) BY BEING A RANSOM FOR ALL – His Word testifies, He has died for all men (1 Tim 2:1-6) and is the propitiation for the whole world (1 John 2:2), and that propitiation becomes effective when men have faith on Him (Rom 3:25-26) and His shed blood.
16) BY PRAYER FOR LABORERS FOR THE HARVEST. Matthew 9:36-38, Luke 10:1-2. Why would there be a necessity to pray for other laborers in the harvest if there was already a set amount of people supposedly chosen for salvation, that is busy work then, that is unnecessary, as the Calvinist god does not use men to effect the salvation of others by preaching, speaking God’s Word, example, love for enemies, etc. In fact the Calvinist god hates the men he has chosen for hell ahead of time.
17) BY GOD’S SHEER GOODNESS TO BE NEAR TO US ALL, TO SET US IN THE BEST TIME, AND BEST PLACE, SO THAT WE MIGHT SEEK HIM. And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also His offspring.’ Acts 17:26-28
18) BY BELIEVERS BEING READY WITH AN ANSWER OF THE REASON OF THE HOPE THAT IS WITHIN US But and if ye suffer for righteousness’ sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled; but sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear. 1 Pet 3:14-15 (see also Col 4:5-6, Pr 22:17-21)
19) BY OUR TREATMENT OF OUR ENEMIES – Ex 23:5; Matt 5:44-45; Luke 6:27, 35-36; Rom 12:19-21. Why would God have us love all men as ourselves if they were men He chose to hell, therefore His eternal enemy?
20) BY PRAYER FOR OUR ENEMIES – Luke 6:28; Matt 5:44
21) BY FORGIVING OUR ENEMIES OF EVEN THE MOST HEINOUS THINGS WE WILL DRAW THEM TO GOD – Paul stood by approving of Stephen’s death, and this is one of the things he heard.
And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep. Acts 7:60
22) GOD DRAWS OUR ENEMIES EVEN WHEN WE BLESS THEM – Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not. Rom 12:14, 1 Cor 4:12-13, 1 Pet 3:9
23) BY OUR GOOD WORKS TO OTHERS – And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Gal 6:9; Titus 3:8, 2 Thess 3:13
24) BY OUR SPEECH AND WISDOM WITH NON BELIEVERS – Col 4:5-6, Titus 2:7-8
25) HAVING A GOOD CONSCIENCE SO THEY MIGHT BE ASHAMED –having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ. 1 Pet 3:16
26) BELIEVERS HAVING COMPASSION ON OTHERS (Jesus did) – Jude 22-23
27) HAVING GOOD DOCTRINE- Titus 2:1, 7-8; Rom 6:17-18; 16:17; 1 Tim 4:1-6
28) BELIEVERS SUBMITTING TO OTHERS, I.E., THOSE WE WORK FOR, OUR NEIGHBORS – Titus 2:9-11; 1 Tim 6:1-2; Eph 6:5-6, Rom 13:7-10
29) BELIEVERS BEING A GOOD EXAMPLE OF WHAT A BELIEVER IS: 1 Tim 4:12; Titus 2:7-8; 1 Pet 5:2-3
30) BELIEVER’S SINCERITY AND GOOD CONDUCT – Titus 2:7-8; 2 Cor 1:12; Phil 1:27
32) BELIEVERS LOVING AND SUBMITTING TO ONE ANOTHER – 1 Pet 5:5-7; Eph 5:20-21; John 13:34-35; Rom 8:9-13
33) GOD IS NO RESPECTER OF PERSONS – Rom 2:11. He says there is NO DIFFERENCE. His free gift is offered to all, and upon ALL who will believe. For ALL have sinned (Rom 3:22-23).
34) HE DRAWS NEAR TO MEN WHEN THEY ARE HUMBLED – Ps 147:6; 1 Pet 5:5
35) HE DRAWS PEOPLE THROUGH LOSS, STORMS OF LIFE –
For He commands and raises the stormy wind,
Which lifts up the waves of the sea.
They mount up to the heavens,
They go down again to the depths;
Their soul melts because of trouble.
They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man,
And are at their wits’ end.
Then they cry out to the Lord in their trouble,
And He brings them out of their distresses.
He calms the storm,
So that its waves are still.
Then they are glad because they are quiet;
So He guides them to their desired haven.
Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness,
And for His wonderful works to the children of men!
36) HE DRAWS PEOPLE THROUGH GRIEF, SORROW, BROKEN HEARTS – Psalm 34:18, Jer 31:25, He is a man of sorrows and acquainted with our grief..Is 53:2
37) HE DRAWS PEOPLE THROUGH DIFFICULT CIRCUMSTANCES IN OUR LIVES – He came to bind up our wounds, Ps 147:3, Is 61:1,
38) DRAWN THROUGH THE SIMPLICITY THAT IS IN CHRIST – 2 Cor 11:3-4, So simple a child can understand – Luke 10:21
39) HE DRAWS MEN WHEN WE ARE GOOD SAMARITANS TO OTHERS – Luke 10:30-37
40) HE DRAWS MEN BY THE SHEDDING OF HIS BLOOD AT CALVARY – as Abel’s blood cried out against Cain, so will Christ’s blood cry out to those who murdered Him and did not accept His offer of eternal life.
41) GOD DRAWS MEN BY THE OFFER OF A GIFT WITHOUT PRICE OF ANY KIND. HIS FREE GIFT OF ETERNAL LIFE.
All these are some of the MANY ways the Lord tells us about in His Word to draw UNBELIEVERS to Himself. (Find your own in His Word and add to this list)
Each can choose to believe or put confidence in what is True. We all do it each and every day. We believe the truth that the world is round, that the sun is still in the sky, and that there will be a sunset tonight. It is never a work to believe something that is true. And His truth has power (Heb 4:12, Rom 1:16-17, 1 Cor 1:17-18)
Believing in something doesn’t make us right.
Believing upon Jesus Christ makes us Righteous.
- By the Conviction of the Holy Spirit regarding the sin of unbelief, judgment, righteousness (Jn 16:7-11)
- Faith comes by hearing the Word (Rom 10:17: Ps 19:7b; 1 Jn 5:9-13; John 20:31).
- By knowing the Holy Scriptures. (2 Tim 3:15).
- By the preaching of the Gospel which is the Power of God unto salvation (Rom 1:16-17, 1 Cor 1:17-18).
- By the prayer of the Saints for the lost
- By the planting and the watering by the Saints
- By the increase which God gives after the above.
Why aren’t all saved if God draws all?
One Calvinist asked me that question and said “If God drew all men, then He failed if all men are not saved.” Is that the case?
What are some of the reason’s men are not saved?
They will not come to Him that they might have life. John 5:39-41; Matt 10:28-30
By believing men over what is written in the Word of God – 1 Cor 4:6
Men who have no trembling regarding Christ and Him crucified, they use their own wisdom of words – 1 Cor 2:1-5
They despise wisdom and instruction and do not apply their hearts to knowledge – Prov 1:7, Prov 22:17-21
Satan blinds men to the gospel (God does not pick some to be in unbelief, it is Satan) – 2 Cor 4:4
They do not believe the testimony God gave of His Son – John 5:39; 1 John 5:9-13
They refused to believe the miracles Jesus performed – John 10:31-33; Acts 2:22
They refuse His call by the gospel – Prov 1:24; 2 Thess 2:14
They resist God, the Holy Spirit – Acts 7:51
They do not want to hear, nor understand wisdom – Pr 1:1-5
They seek Him through works – Rom 9:32, Rom 4:4
They seek Him through another way – John 14:6, Acts 17:29-31
They believe in other gods – Judges 10:14
They have been preached an accursed gospel – Gal 1:6-9
They have been told of another Jesus – 2 Cor 11:4
They count on their own righteousness or goodness – Rom 10:3-4, Gal 2:21
They physically stop up their ears so they don’t hear the truth – Acts 7:57
They are rebellious and stubborn – 2 Chr 36:11-12, Jer 17:23; Acts 7:51; Is 30:1; Ps 78:8
They are fools – Ps 14:1; 53:1
God resists them because of pride – 1 Pet 5:5, Pr 6
They love darkness – John 3:19
They love evil more than good – Ps 52:3
People don’t hear the Word – Rom 10:17
People don’t study the Word with God’s approval in mind, so they have a confusing gospel. 2 Tim 2:15
They cast His Word behind their backs and have no fear of it – Psalm 50:16-17, Is 66:2
Satan’s ‘ministers’ come in to corrupt minds from the simplicity that is in Christ – 2 Cor 11:3-4
Pastors and Shepherds will not mark and avoid the false, and therefore they malign/blaspheme the way of truth allowing in the wolves (Rom 16:17-18, 2 Pet 2:1-3; Gal 1:6-10, 2 Cor 11:3-4.
Instead of warning others and then commending them to the Word, they favorably quote ‘scholarly’ men who bring a false gospel into the flock, thereby making their faith shipwreck. Their followers also then have a false gospel and keep the lost — lost. What does this passage say about their guilt (Acts 20:25-32)?
Many won’t seek Him even though He manifests the truth to them in all these ways – Heb 11:6
They would rather believe a lie – 2 Thess 2:11
Their conscience is seared – 1 Tim 4:1-3
Sin, the deceitfulness of sin hardens hearts as it did with Pharaoh – Heb 3:13, 1 Sam 6:6
They suppress the truth in unrighteousness – Rom 1:18-21
Add some of your own ideas of God drawing to this article. God bless you and thank you for considering the Scriptures.